Saturday 2 April 2016

Chapter 1 (part 4)

  I got into the building, there was a lot going on around me, but I was 5 minutes late so I couldn't keep star- gazing as I used to when I was entering buildings. - I am half Greek, half American so I always have the habbit to analyze things. Greek civilization: sights, hours of plesure while staring at sculptures and buildings. And American: lights, entertainment, distraction. These two are pretty weird together, but at the same time, an amusing combination. Speaking of weird, I have spent 6 years in Istanbul learning the Turkish and Ottoman language, so now that I have returned to Greece I am ready to work as a translator.
  When I arrived at the 3rd floor, where the interview was taking place I was really nervous. "Ace Haritoglu"? I was next. No more time to think. Be strong. You can do this.
  In the interview room was 2 men and 1 woman. They looked very briefly at my resume and then they asked me if I have any experience in translation. I said the truth. "No I don't". Then the woman told me: "Well, then we are sorry but..."
"Please let me ask, do you have a vacancy for an Ottoman language translator"? " Ottoman? Unfortunately, not. "she replied.  I thanked them, and then,  while I was about to leave the building, I decided to stay and take a look around instead. Something I couldn' t do when I first came. It was a 1965's structure with old but well preserved wall paintings of Turkish Palaces and sea views. Going by one of them I suddenly fell into somebody and all my files fell out of my hands, on the light blue floor. It was weird. I suddenly had a flashback of the lake-falling dream. I instantly shaked my head to clear  the thought and I looked up to the guy that was helping me. Dear Lord... it was him!This couldn' t be a dream. I was sure of it!

  

2 comments:

  1. Απλά τέλειο!!! Συνέχισε έτσι!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ πολύ Μαργαρίτα!!

      Delete